Occupational Therapists in Huntsville, AL
CHOICE Therapy Services offers occupational therapy in Huntsville, Alabama to patients who have experienced a loss of function in daily living, work, or leisure activities related to age, illness, injury, disease, or disability. Occupational therapy is also available to assist with hand/shoulder post-surgical rehabilitation.
To start, our occupational therapists will evaluate your strengths, limitations, and independent functioning, including memory, visual perception, hand coordination, upper extremity muscle strength, and mobility. They may also ask you to demonstrate how you would complete daily activities such as eating, bathing, and dressing.
Once the evaluation is complete, the CHOICE Therapy Services occupational therapist will discuss your short- and long-term goals and create a personalized treatment plan to help improve your functioning. It may include:
- Self-care skills to address activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, feeding, etc.
- Therapeutic exercise to address strength and functional mobility limitations
- Fall prevention techniques to address balance disorders
- Compensatory methods, such as learning to dress with one hand
- Adaptive equipment to assist you in performing daily tasks
- Environmental modifications to maximize your independence, such as grab bars in your tub or shower
- Energy conservation techniques to assist in managing daily activities
Depending on the diagnosis, our therapists may recommend occupational therapy along with physical therapy and/or speech therapy to provide the most comprehensive rehabilitation plan for you or your loved one’s specific needs.
Contact Our OT's Today!
To find out more about occupational therapy in Huntsville, Alabama or to make an appointment with our occupational therapists, contact CHOICE Therapy Services at (256) 270-9595. You can also request an appointment online today.